Sunday 18 March 2012

Night and Night

0 comments
Twas deep; so deep of night, 
When I saw what I had seen - 
So truly deep of night, 
When I went where I had been, 
And really deep of night, 
When I heard what I had heard: 
Perhaps a fox or badger, 
Or a sort of night-time bird.

‘Twas late that night of nights, 
When something there was there -
So very late that night of nights, 
Where that thing was where -
'Twas deep of night of nights, 
When it ran to where it ran: 
Perhaps a stoat or Billy goat, 
Or ghostly little man.

‘Twas in the night of night of nights, 
When something scary caused a scare -
So late of night of night of nights, 
When something hairy raised my hair -
The deep of night of night of nights…
So don’t you wonder what it was? 
Well I never really truly saw it –
Why? Because because! 

‘Twas in the night of night of night of nights
Oh I've had enough! 
Night night.


No comments:

Post a Comment